Friday, May 10, 2013

First Touch of Spring - Time is of the Essence (Part I)

Good evening fellow plant lovers,

Can you believe how time flies? I just realized that I'll be going home soon--but there's still so much I want to share pertaining to life here at Conn! I still have so many pictures of the coming of spring and well it's no fun posting them when I'm not here. But I guess a different location means a different series of posts right?

In any case, this latest post was inspired by watching the progression of spring--from flowering trees to falling flowers to the reappearance of leaves--it's really rather amazing to see how nature changes isn't it? And I don't mean just from winter to spring, but within spring itself. Besides just the changing scenery, this post is also in memory of a great first year here at Conn. I can't believe the year is over already. In any case, without further ado, here are a few of my observations. As always, I hope you all enjoy!




Two weeks after the previous photo

And a little over a week later
What a difference that one week made!

Here's a side-by-side before and after shot:

Common Name: Weeping Katsura
Scientific Name: Cercidiphyllum japonicum 'Pendulum'

This next one has been a favorite of mine to track, just because of all the changes it has undergone in such a short amount of time. And they're noticeable changes too, which really amazed me.
Sorry about the rather mediocre quality of this picture--the wind stubbornly refused to stop blowing!

Can you believe that in little over a week, this tree blossomed so much??
6 days later...
Not even a week yet, and where have all the flowers gone??
Well I guess they're still here, just sans petals... 
And 5 days later...all leaves, no flowers

Common Name: Sargent Cherry
Scientific Name: Prunus sargentii

What? Weeds are a part of spring too!
The development of fluff about two weeks later!
From yellow dandelion heads to white dandelion fluff!
Well, that'll be all for now, before I overwhelm you all with the amount of pictures. I am a little overwhelmed myself. But stay tuned for Part II, coming up soon (I hope!). Until then~

No comments:

Post a Comment