Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Winter Wonderland & Spring Sprouts

"More is always better."
(I don't actually know who says this quote)
That is a total lie. One of my labels is also a total lie. I labelled this as "Campus Stroll" but the pictures of campus were actually taken...from my room. So I didn't really stroll around campus unless you count going to class a stroll. 

Anyways, we've been having a lot of snow lately, and today we have...more snow here on campus. It's sort of like a pouty child: it was cute the first time, but enough is enough. As much as I enjoy the snow, I've had quite enough of all this windy snow/rain mixture. Still, I have to admit, the campus looks fantastic and somebody even built a pretty impressive igloo and pyramid out on the Green (it was really slippery in the igloo, though).
Look at all that snow!

It's actually still snowing but I don't think you can tell in this shot

Lamp-post
 On the plus side, the plants in my terrarium have also been getting more and more plentiful! Meanwhile, the older ones are getting taller!
I think this is what? Day 28 now?

Look at how tall they have gotten!
I haven't been updating you all on the status of these little guys, but it has been a little under a month since I planted them now, and as you can see they're doing fantastic! Growing tall and reaching for the light, they're healthy little shoots they are.
Even this little guy at the front has been growing well, albeit at a slower rate than the others. He has a tiny little companion growing near him, which you can't see, but it's there. I'm a little concerned about the little guy, but I'm doing my best to make sure they remain hydrated. Covering the opening seems to be doing them some good, but I still have to water them. Fingers crossed for the both of them!
Hope everyone is doing well, staying warm, and appreciating plants!

Until next time then!

No comments:

Post a Comment